EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, a large national real estate company with offices in downtown Chicago, is seeking a corporate attorney to join its legal group. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility, active deal flow and the opportunity to work closely with the company’s business team.
Associate General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions and property management agreements;
- Structuring and maintaining corporate entities and joint ventures;
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures;
- Managing intellectual property and marketing matters;
- Reviewing and managing vendor and other commercial contracts;
- Handling day-to-day issues as they arise; and
- Working closely with legal and business executives.
Associate General Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 8+ years of corporate experience, ideally in both a large law firm and in-house environment;
- Business-oriented approach to handling legal matters;
- Experience with REITs and complex tax-driven corporate structures preferred;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of senior management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.