EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, a growing medical services company headquartered in Chicago, is seeking an attorney to join its legal group. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility and have the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Legal Officer and the company’s management team.
In-House Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Managing a heavy volume of transactions, including negotiating deal terms, preparing closing books and schedules and collecting signature pages;
- Managing entity compliance, including forming and maintaining corporate entities and maintaining minute books;
- Reviewing leases;
- Handling day-to-day issues as they arise; and
- Working closely with the Chief Legal Officer, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Development Officer.
In-House Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of corporate experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Experience with corporate closings and related documentation;
- Expertise in entity formation and corporate governance;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of senior management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.