EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, a large national real estate company with offices in downtown Chicago, is seeking a real estate attorney to join its legal group. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility, active deal flow and the opportunity to work closely with the company’s business team.
Real Estate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Managing a heavy volume of real estate transactions, including development, leases, acquisitions and dispositions, and real estate finance transactions;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, development-related agreements, joint venture agreements and other real estate documents;
- Researching and summarizing existing leases, easement agreements and other complex property agreements;
- Providing business-oriented legal advice to real estate business teams;
- Retaining and managing outside counsel as necessary; and
- Handling day-to-day issues as they arise.
Real Estate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 6+ years of commercial real estate experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Ability to work independently, including structuring, drafting, negotiating, managing and closing sophisticated real estate, development and financing transactions;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong academic credentials.