EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, an established automobile technology company headquartered in the Western Suburbs, is seeking a real estate attorney to join its legal group. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility, active deal flow and the opportunity to work closely with the company’s real estate and construction teams.
Real Estate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Managing a heavy volume of real estate transactions, including leases, acquisitions and dispositions;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, estoppels and related real estate documents;
- Providing business-oriented legal advice to real estate and construction business teams;
- Handling day-to-day issues as they arise;
- Resolving real estate-related disputes; and
- Working closely with outside counsel to manage environmental compliance.
Real Estate Counsel Requirement Qualifications:
- 5+ years of commercial real estate experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of senior management;
- Business-oriented and creative thinking;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.