EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has a new in-house opportunity. Our client, an established automobile technology company headquartered in the Western Suburbs, is seeking an Assistant Corporate Counsel to work with attorneys in its legal department on both litigation and general corporate matters. This attorney will handle a wide variety of matters and have the opportunity to work with many of the company’s legal and business partners.
Assistant Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing and reporting on the company’s litigation docket and other potential risks;
- Handle pre-litigation matters such as demand letters, subpoenas and government inquiries;
- Draft and review commercial contracts;
- Conduct due diligence and provide other support for potential acquisitions; and
- Handle day-to-day issues and special projects as they arise.
Assistant Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of litigation experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Experience with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of the legal team, senior management and various business teams;
- Creativity and flexible thinking with a business-oriented approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.