Our client, an established private investment firm located in Chicago, is seeking an Associate General Counsel with at least 10 years of sophisticated M&A experience to join its close-knit team. This attorney will have the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Legal Officer and investment professionals in a fast-paced deal intensive environment.
Associate General Counsel Responsibilities Include:
- Drafting and negotiating complex transaction documents, including term sheets, purchase and sale agreements and employment agreements;
- Working closely with CLO and deal team in structuring and negotiating investments;
- Managing legal due diligence;
- Overseeing outside counsel; and
- Working with investment professionals and developing strong relationships with internal clients.
Associate General Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of experience practicing law in a sophisticated law firm environment;
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating M&A transaction documents and running deals;
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal clients and provide timely advice;
- Strong interpersonal skills and calm demeanor; and
- Excellent analytical skills and proven negotiation acumen.