EpsteinSchwartz has a great opportunity for a strong litigation attorney who is looking to bring their skills to a unique in-house role. Our client, a premier professional liability insurer based in downtown Chicago, is hiring an attorney with 7+ years of sophisticated litigation experience. This attorney will enjoy significant responsibility and autonomy while working closely with colleagues in the legal group as well as clients across the country and the world.
Claims Counsel Responsibilities:
- Work closely with outside counsel on all aspects of defending claims brought against clients, including developing case strategies;
- Take a leading role in arbitrations;
- Study claims histories and conduct analyses to determine recovery potential on claims;
- Work with outside counsel, clients and colleagues to understand the extent of losses under policies;
- Monitor regulatory developments related to the practice of law as well as the insurance industry and counsel management regarding appropriate responses;
- Conduct research and provide legal analysis and counsel on legal issues as they arise; and
- Provide training to staff.
Claims Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 7+ years of sophisticated commercial litigation experience in either a large law firm or boutique setting;
- Comprehensive understanding of the litigation and arbitration processes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong public speaking/presenting skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.