EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new Assistant General Counsel opportunity. Our client, a sophisticated financial institution based in Chicago, is seeking an attorney with substantial commercial transactions experience to join its dynamic team. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility, manage a variety of complex agreements, with a focus on technology-related agreements; and have the opportunity to support critical projects in an innovative and highly regulated environment.
Assist General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Managing complex agreements with a primary focus on IT related products and services including SaaS, software licensing, and network & cloud services;
- Developing and leading internal training sessions on contract negotiation;
- Counseling and supporting business lines on issues relating to privacy (state and federal familiarity a plus), cyber security/risk, data breach response, IP infringement and other IT related matters;
- Advising internal business clients on policies and providing regulatory examination support;
- Engaging and overseeing outside counsel;
- Developing, coaching, and mentoring other attorneys; and
- Interacting regularly with members of the legal team as well as internal and external business executives.
Assistant General Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 10+ years of complex commercial contracts experience, with significant expertise in IT related contracts;
- Knowledgeable about privacy, cyber security/risk, data breach and IP infringement;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry such as financial services and/or mortgage servicing is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop professionally; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.