EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has a new Associate Counsel opportunity. Our client, a full-service real estate company based in Chicago, is hiring a real estate attorney with acquisition, development, leasing, and property management experience to join its dynamic and sophisticated legal team. The Associate Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel, work closely with firm leadership, and handle a wide variety of complex commercial real estate matters. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest owners of healthcare properties in the country.
Associate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of legal documents including purchase and sale agreements, access agreements, closing documents, loan documents, leases, operating agreements, and other real estate related legal documents;
- Work collaboratively with the Legal, Asset Management, Leasing, Development, and Acquisitions Teams;
- Review and analyze due diligence materials; and
- Complete other duties as assigned, including providing ad-hoc legal counsel and support on various projects and initiatives.
Associate Counsel Qualifications:
- 3 – 6 years of sophisticated commercial real estate experience in all areas including acquisitions and dispositions, development, financing and leasing. Large law firm experience is preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work efficiently and independently;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and priorities, and to produce detailed, accurate results in a highly organized manner; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into the Illinois bar.