Our client, a publicly-traded technology company based in the Bay Area with an office in Chicago, is seeking an attorney with 5 – 10 years of commercial contracts experience to join its sophisticated and diverse legal team. Ideal attorney candidates for this role will have experience leading the negotiation, documentation and analysis of technology, licensing and sales agreements and working closely with sales, marketing, HR and finance teams.
Commercial Counsel Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and manage enterprise-sales-focused and vendor agreements;
- Support the commercial team by preparing, implementing and refining forms, playbooks, systems, processes and procedures;
- Successfully collaborate and build relationships with executives, product teams and peers; and
- Analyze and effectively communicate legal risks.
Commercial Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 5 – 10 years of experience with technology transactions relating to the Internet, SaaS and enterprise software;
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing sales contracts, licenses, alliance and partnership agreements and intellectual property agreements;
- Prior in-house experience, especially at a top Internet / SaaS company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, includingthe ability to explain complex issues and concepts in everyday terms;
- Eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally with partners across the company;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, accurately assessing level of priority and project scale;
- Humility, a sense of humor and a strong sense of self; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state.