EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, an established automobile technology company headquartered in the Western Suburbs, is seeking a Corporate Counsel to work with attorneys in its legal department on commercial contracts, M&A and board governance. This attorney will handle a wide variety of matters and have the opportunity to work with many of the company’s legal and business partners.
Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including vendor agreements;
- Conducting due diligence and providing significant legal support for potential acquisitions;
- Assisting Corporate Secretary in corporate governance matters, including drafting board policies, recording meeting minutes and assisting with SEC filings;
- Working closely with branch managers, as well as working with sales, technology and procurement teams; and
- Handling day-to-day issues and special projects as they arise.
Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of sophisticated experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial contracts;
- Background in board governance and/or securities reporting, and any M&A experience is a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of the legal team, senior management and various business teams;
- Creativity and flexible thinking with a business-oriented approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.