EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, an established automobile technology company headquartered in the Western Suburbs, is seeking an Assistant Corporate Counsel to work with attorneys in its legal department on general corporate matters, board governance and litigation support. This attorney will handle a wide variety of matters and have the opportunity to work with many of the company’s legal and business partners.
Assistant Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and conducting due diligence and providing other support for potential acquisitions;
- Assisting Corporate Secretary in corporate governance matters, including drafting board policies, recording meeting minutes and assisting with SEC filings;
- Assisting in managing and reporting on the company’s litigation docket and other potential risks;
- Handling pre-litigation matters such as demand letters, subpoenas and government inquiries; and
- Handling day-to-day issues and special projects as they arise.
Assistant Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of sophisticated experience, either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Experience with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts;
- Background in board governance and/or securities reporting is a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of the legal team, senior management and various business teams;
- Creativity and flexible thinking with a business-oriented approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.