Our client, a sophisticated consumer financial services company based in Chicago, is seeking an attorney with 4-8 years of complex transactional experience. This attorney will counsel multiple business units regarding existing and new products and services. This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of a dynamic company.
Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice regarding an array of matters including prepaid products, money orders, insurance, collections and governmental regulation;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of complex commercial contracts and vendor agreements;
- Reviewing marketing materials, including social media and digital content;
- Advising on a variety of topics related to digital commerce, website development and mobile application development; and
- Counseling and providing legal guidance on corporate policies and procedures, training, and real estate matters.
Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 4-8 years of hands-on experience in a law firm or in-house setting;
- Must have experience drafting and negotiating vendor and commercial contracts, advising management on a variety of legal matters and managing outside counsel;
- Experience with consumer financial services and retail operations is a plus;
- Previous experience specifically related to marketing and advertising through digital marketing and social media;
- Ability to work well with peers and senior management within the company as well as with outside partners;
- Strong work ethic and sound business judgment; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.