EpsteinSchwartz has a great opportunity for an experienced finance attorney to join a small hands-on legal department. Our client, a full-service regional commercial bank based in Chicago, is hiring an attorney with 10+ years of lending experience to support its various lending teams.
Finance Counsel Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a variety of commercial and finance loan agreements;
- Supporting lending teams in developing strategies to address borrower needs;
- Providing assistance on transactional matters, including bankruptcies, workouts and reorganizations;
- Partnering with outside counsel on litigation matters; and
- Managing multiple, time-sensitive priorities.
Finance Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 10+ years of lender-side finance experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience drafting and negotiating various finance agreements;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.