EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, a sophisticated financial institution based in Chicago, is seeking a transactional attorney with operations experience to join its legal group. This attorney will enjoy a significant level of responsibility and have the opportunity to manage the contracts process as well as create and implement legal operations processes and procedures. This is a unique role for an attorney with strong contracts, operations and project management experience.
Counsel, Legal Operations Responsibilities:
- Managing the contracts process for the bank, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of agreements and assigning work to attorneys and paralegals;
- Building and maintaining bank’s knowledge management program and practices;
- Preparing and overseeing the legal budget, including outside legal spend;
- Developing, implementing and presenting best practices policies and procedures for the legal team;
- Managing strategic operations projects;
- Working with HR to coordinate and manage performance reviews and employee development of the legal team; and
- Interacting regularly with members of the legal team as well as internal and external business executives.
Counsel, Legal Operations Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of transactional, operations and management experience;
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as with members of senior management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials;
- An interest in joining a collegial, collaborative and sophisticated legal team; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.