Our client, an independently owned and operated multispecialty physicians group, is seeking an attorney with 15+ years of experience to join its dynamic legal team as General Counsel. This attorney will work closely with the company’s leadership team and provide high-level legal counsel. This is an excellent opportunity to lead the legal group of a sophisticated and growing company located in the Western Suburbs.
General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Provide general transactional legal support to parent company and its subsidiaries;
- Counsel management on a variety of governance matters, including board and shareholder meetings, director and officer issues, corporate reporting and other entity management requirements;
- Establish enterprise-level policies and implement across multiple business units;
- Design and assist with developing and implementing process plans related to financing and restructuring projects;
- Analyze and advise regarding the application of and compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations; and
- Draft and review transactional and governance documents, including equity and debt financing documents and complex commercial agreements.
General Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 15+ years of corporate and transactional experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Significant public company experience and background;
- Experience with the healthcare industry is a plus;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and provide timely risk management assessments;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Significant leadership and management experience;
- Sound judgment and project management skills; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.