Our client, an international metals company based in Chicago, is hiring an attorney with 7-10 years of transactional experience to join its dynamic and established legal team. This attorney will support operations in the U.S and Canada and will work closely with the operations, supply chain, technical services, finance, IT and HR departments.
Legal Counsel Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a variety of commercial and finance agreements;
- Assisting with company-wide compliance programs, including drafting corporate policies and procedures, creating training materials, and conducting trainings for employees;
- Handling procurement and RFPs;
- Overseeing employment-related legal issues and minor litigation matters;
- Maintaining and supporting domestic and international subsidiaries; and
- Managing multiple, time-sensitive priorities.
Legal Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 7- 10 years of transactional legal experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and finance agreements;
- Ability to interpret complex data and reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong composition and editing skills; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.