Our client, a large, independently owned and operated multispecialty physicians group, is seeking an attorney with 8-15 years of experience to join its dynamic legal team. This attorney will work closely with the company’s GC and C-suite and will be responsible for all securities-related matters. This is an excellent opportunity to take a leadership role in a sophisticated and growing company located in the Western Suburbs.
SEC Counsel Responsibilities:
- Work closely with finance, strategy and external partners to draft S-1 registration statement;
- Review roadshow materials, press releases, presentations and other external marketing materials;
- Provide counsel regarding executive compensation matters, including managing Section 16 Officers and Form 3 filings;
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including working with the Board and committees as well as reviewing charters, managing logistics, providing meeting materials;
- Design and assist with implementation of compliance policies, processes and trainings, including code of conduct, conflict of interest, disclosure of material non-public information, related party transactions, antibribery and anti-corruption;
- Review investor relations materials; and
- Manage all required SEC forms and filings such as 10-Qs, 10-Ks,and 8-Ks as well as proxy statement preparation for annual meetings, including responses to shareholder proposals.
SEC Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 8 – 15 years of IPO and public company reporting experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Significant expertise and confidence in SEC skill set;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Leadership and management experience;
- Sound judgment and project management skills; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.