EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has a unique in-house opportunity for a Payments Counsel to join the legal group of a thriving company based in the Bay Area with an office in Chicago. The ideal attorney candidate will have at least five years of experience and an expertise in payments, including card processing, ACH and relevant regulations.
Payments Counsel Responsibilities:
- Providing business-focused legal advice on federal and state payments and/or banking laws, card processing, and related rules and regulations;
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements with financial institutions and other partners;
- Remaining up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and advertising laws;
- Developing strong, collaborative relationships with the business team.
Payments Counsel Required Qualifications:
- All candidates must have 5+ years experience with the payments, banking or fin-tech industries;
- Extensive knowledge of financial services and payments compliance regulations and requirements;
- Familiarity with mobile, alternative and emerging payments technology;
- Attorney will have strong work ethic, business orientation, and ability to work independently;
- Top academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.