EpsteinSchwartz Legal Search has an exciting new in-house opportunity. Our client, a publicly-traded company based in downtown Chicago, is seeking a privacy and technology transactions attorney to join its legal group. This attorney will report to the General Counsel and enjoy a significant level of autonomy, varied responsibilities and the opportunity to work closely with the company’s IT team.
Senior Counsel – Privacy & Transactions Responsibilities:
- Negotiating complex agreements for software and other IT-related products and services;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements, including procurement and services agreements;
- Counseling and advising commercial and business teams on privacy (US and international), cyber security, data breach response and other IT related matters;
- Designing and scaling a privacy program, including employee training, policy enforcement, monitoring and auditing;
- Providing business-oriented legal advice to business teams; and
- Handling day-to-day and other corporate issues as they arise.
Senior Counsel – Privacy & Transactions Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on technology transactions and privacy experience, ideally in both a law firm and in-house environment;
- Experience negotiating a wide variety of complex IT and commercial contracts;
- Strong technical skills, including drafting, negotiation and providing legal advice;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple internal clients and priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong leadership skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Must be a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar.