Our client, a dynamic and growing software company headquartered in Chicago, is hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel with at least 5 years of experience. This attorney will have the opportunity to work closely with the General Counsel and senior management, partner with national sales professionals, work on complex matters and gain extensive tech experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a top logistics company with a smart and collegial legal team.
Senior Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Provide primary legal support for a wide variety of commercial transactions (US and international), including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements: primarily licensing and service agreements, partner agreements and NDAs;
- Support, review and assist with responses to customer RFPs and building the RFP process internally;
- Provide input and assist in drafting legal templates and sales and vendor training materials to improve the delivery and scalability of legal resources;
- Drive and/or assist with various legal and cross-functional department projects including projects related to corporate governance and compliance (including privacy);
- Assist with M&A and other strategic transactions; and
- Develop strategic relationships with internal business teams and proactively communicate issues back to management.
Senior Corporate Counsel Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements involving licensing intellectual property, technology transactions and privacy, ideally with a focus on enterprise software and SaaS;
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and professional drive;
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to connect with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and across departments;
- Ability to function well in loosely structured situations and being open to and responding flexibly to change;
- Ability to prioritize work flow, work independently and efficiently;
- Detail-oriented with excellent legal judgment, strong organizational skills and proven ability to deliver creative, thoughtful, and business-oriented results;
- Ability to solve problems in a diplomatic, approachable, and practical manner; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.