Our client, an international metals company based in Chicago, is hiring an attorney with 6-12 years of transactional experience to join its dynamic and established legal team. This attorney will work closely with the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel, as well as with the Finance and Investor Relations teams, to provide legal guidance and counsel on corporate transactions, regulatory and compliance matters.
Senior Counsel Responsibilities:
- Manage and support capital markets, M&A, finance and commercial transactions;
- Partner closely with finance and investor relations teams on financial reporting and disclosure matters;
- Provide counseling and advice on US securities laws and stock exchange requirements and reporting obligations, including preparation, review and filing of periodic reports and other disclosures;
- Assist with company-wide compliance program, including drafting corporate policies and procedures, creating training materials, and conducting trainings for employees;
- Maintain and support domestic and international subsidiaries; and
- Oversee employment-related legal issues and minor litigation matters.
Senior Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 6- 12 years of transactional legal experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience managing M&A transactions, commercial contracts and financings and preparing SEC 1933 and 1934 Act reports and filings;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple high level projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong drafting skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.