EpsteinSchwartz has a new opportunity for an experienced attorney to join a dynamic and established legal team. Our client, an international metals company based in Chicago, is hiring an attorney with 5-7 years of transactional experience to support the company’s operations in the U.S and Canada. The Corporate Counsel will manage the company’s commercial and financial agreements, enjoy a broad and complex practice and have the opportunity to advise and collaborate with numerous internal clients.
Corporate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a variety of commercial and financial agreements;
- Advising and assisting internal clients, including Supply Chain, Operations, Treasury, Finance, IT and HR;
- Assisting with company-wide compliance programs, including drafting corporate policies and procedures, creating training materials, and conducting trainings for employees;
- Overseeing employment-related legal issues and minor litigation matters and engaging outside counsel when necessary;
- Counseling internal clients regarding risk mitigation;
- Supporting the Managing Corporate Counsel and General Counsel; and
- Managing multiple time-sensitive priorities.
Corporate Counsel Required Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of transactional legal experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred;
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and financial agreements;
- Corporate compliance and/or employment experience preferred;
- Experience advising clients in the mining or similar heavy industries preferred;
- Detail oriented with the ability to interpret complex data and reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong composition and editing skills; and
- JD and in good standing in at least one state with the ability to waive into Illinois bar.